A local restaurant makes a great broccoli and parmesan quiche. I’ve looked up this one so I can take a stab at making my own.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add broccoli; sauté 1 minute.
- Spread broccoli mixture into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Combine milk and milk, Swiss, parsley, mustard, pepper, nutmeg, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Pour milk mixture over broccoli mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until top is golden and a knife inserted in center comes out clean; let stand 5 minutes.
Number of Servings: 6
Nutrition Information: Calories: 160.3 / 3.3 g net carbs