I ran across this looking through the “low carb recipes” on Tumblr. I liked the idea of cauliflower to replace potatoes.
- 10 ounces cauliflower, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- juice from ½ lemon
- roast beef
- Preheat oil in a medium nonstick skillet and sauté the onion for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the bacon and cook until brown. Stir in the cauliflower and cook for several minutes or until tender and light brown.
- Soften or melt the butter. Then add butter and stir. Butter speeds up cooking and browning. Add lemon juice and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle parsley on top.
- You can also add paprika. Serve as a breakfast side or make fried eggs and serve with the hash browns. You can also combine with roast beef or bratwurst for a satisfying meal.
( Not on the site.)