I figured since this is “Scones Anytime,” I should really seek out a low carb scones recipe. This one from the lowcarbdiet looks interesting.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup sweetener
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, in solid state
- 1⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add solid coconut oil into mixture until fully combined and slightly crumbly.
- Mix in sweetener to flour bowl.
- Add milk and mix until the mixture is evenly combined and moistened.
- Slowly and gently fold in blueberries.
- Transfer dough to lined baking sheet and work dough into a bal. Press into a neat 10″ disc and cut into equal wedges with a very sharp knife. Sprinkle sweetener or drizzle blueberry puree.
- Bake scones for 17-20 minutes or until they have browned and start to crisp.
- Remove pan from oven and allow scones to cool for several minutes before seperating.
Serving size: 1 Scone (Total recipe makes 8 servings)
Protein 8.25g, Cals 250, Fat 18.13, Carbs 16.75g, Fiber 8.58g — NET CARBS: 8.17g